Become a Member of the Betsy-Tacy Society...help keep the Lovelace tradition alive!
Becoming a BTS member gives you the unique opportunity to preserve the legacy of Maud Hart Lovelace. In partnership, we can do great things together.
Click here to join or to renew your membership online.
If you prefer to join or renew by mail, click here to download a membership form.
Already a member? Click here to sign in.
Betsy-Tacy Society members have access to the special "members only" page of our website. This special page offers current and past BTS newsletters, special archival indexes and more. Reminder - annual membership runs from Jan. 1st - Dec. 31st.
If your membership status is current, all you need to do is create a password to access the “members only” pages of our site. If your membership has expired, it will not allow you to create a password until a new expiration date has been entered.
NOTICE: The BTS web site was recently updated to allow for an updated shop, new features, and to allow you to track your online orders. In some cases, these changes mean you will need to reset your password when you first attempt to access the Members Only page. If you receive an error message when logging in, follow these steps, keeping in mind that in most cases, your username is your email address:
- Click on the link to reset your password.
- A one-time-use link to get into the site will be emailed to you immediately. Follow this link into the site.
- Click “Change Your Account Settings.”
- To reset your pasword, click on the “edit” tab. Enter your new password and hit SAVE. Your new password will now be active.
Every new member receives a new member packet.
As a member of the Betsy-Tacy Society you will:
- Receive our newsletters and member publications.
- Have access to the special “Members Only” page on our website.
- Get free admission to the Betsy-Tacy houses during regular Saturday hours using your membership card. (Free admission is for card holder only and is not valid for special tours or special events.)
- Become integral to the effort to maintain the Betsy and Tacy’s houses, now literary landmarks, so all may learn about Maud Hart Lovelace and her work and be welcomed to step back in time to the world of Betsy Ray and Tacy Kelly.
Why become a member?
- You will become an integral part of an organization with a loyal fan base that is passionate about the work of Maud Hart Lovelace.
- You will make a difference in the lives of children who might not otherwise discover the timeless stories of Betsy, Tacy and Tib.
- You can support work that is meaningful and lasting.
- You can see the fruits of your dollars at work.
- As a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, BTS is not under the auspices of any federal, state or city agency. This means you can have input into how your dollars are put to use.
- Except for occasional grants, we receive no taxpayer dollars. Your donations and membership dollars are our major source of revenue. This gives you the power to make a substantial difference in our collective success.
- You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped promote and preserve Maud Hart Lovelace’s legacy and this literary treasure for generations to come!
Your tax-deductible donation to the Betsy-Tacy Society, a 501(c)(3) organization can be made through paypal using your paypal account or credit card. Click on the yellow donate button below.
You can also donate through GiveMN.org. GiveMN is a secure site, 2.9% of your contribution goes directly to Razoo Foundation which covers the cost of keeping the Razoo platform state-of-the art and providing it with the funds to develop additional functionality and services.
Thank you for supporting the mission of the Betsy-Tacy Society.
Paver Fundraiser - YOU can help maintain Betsy's House!
Purchase an engraved paver for the walkway at Betsy's House and the proceeds benefit the ongoing restoration and maintenance of this literary landmark. Put your name in stone and leave a legacy! Engraved bricks are a wonderful way to show your support, honor or memorialize a loved one, commemorate special occasions or accomplishments, give a lasting gift or promote your business.
Order by mail (click here for more information and an order form).
What your dollars do for us…
- Promote and preserve Lovelace’s work for current and future generations
- Support on-going restoration efforts for Maud Hart Lovelace’s (Betsy) childhood home and the home of her best friend, Frances 'Bick' Kenney (Tacy)
- Preserve a historic literary landmark
- Preservation and care of Lovelace artifacts
- Support special literary and historical events and programs
- Assist in securing matching grants from other foundations and organizations
How you can help…
- Become a member
- Donate a monetary gift
- Donate an in-kind gift
- Sponsor an event
Membership or Donations: Is there a difference?
Members receive valuable benefits including the Deep Valley Sun newsletter, which is filled with wonderful information about Lovelace, her books and society news, access to the ‘members only’ pages on our website, and specials for the Betsy-Tacy Gift Shop.
Donors receive no goods or services in exchange for their tax-deductible gift.
We appreciate members as a part of our ‘Betsy-Tacy family’ — they help to tell our story to others. At the same time, we rely on outright donations for major expenses which dues and admissions do not cover, such as costly historic restoration and preservation. We invite you to consider helping the BTS even more by making a tax deductible gift today in addition to your membership enrollment.
Thank you for your support!
Illustration © Lois Lenski/HarperCollins